Constructive Notice and Notice of Violation
The Constructive Notice and Notice of Violation are the first in a series of documents you send. You are writing in your personal capacity to an employer/agent/officer in his/her personal capacity. Send the notices personally to the man or woman in the highest position who is setting and enforcing the mandates (such as CEO, director of human resources, health officer, or government agent, etc.–whoever originated/sent the notice to you about the policy change).
◆ download, edit and print the documents
◆ sign with two witnesses
◆ make and keep a copy of all signed documents
◆ send an original by registered mail or professional process server
◆ keep mailing receipts for your records
It’s important that you read and understand exactly what you are communicating. The documents are only templates, so you can feel free to make minor changes. However, if you would like to change something significant or if you have any uncertainty about the documents, please get clarification before sending. (For assistance in Washington State, email WAcommonlaw@protonmail.com).
INSTRUCTIONS FOR PREPARING CONSTRUCTIVE NOTICE AND NOTICE OF VIOLATION
- Download the Constructive Notice and Notice of Violation documents in MSWord.
- Edit the Constructive Notice and Notice of Violation wherever you see red type (including the header or footer). After making edits, change all text to black type. Save.
- Print the Constructive Notice and Notice of Violation. Sign the Constructive Notice in blue ink (or any color other than black).
- Have two people sign as witnesses to your signature. Your witnesses can be anyone other than the person doing the process service (if applicable). Other employees are acceptable. Signatures only are needed, but printing names below the signatures is optional (do not print names in all CAPS).
- Make and keep a copy of the signed documents for your records. (You may also wish to make a color scan or take a photo of documents signed).6. Staple all the pages together and put in any size envelope. Address the envelope, by hand or printed, to:
FIRST AND LAST NAME (IN ALL CAPS)
TITLE/POSITION OF DEPARTMENT/OFFICE
CITY, STATE, ZIP
INSTRUCTIONS FOR DELIVERING CONSTRUCTIVE NOTICE AND NOTICE OF VIOLATION
- Send one signed copy by registered mail (preferred) with return receipt requested only. Don’t let the postal agent talk you into using certified mail. It is not the same. Keep the white registered mail slip and the purchase receipt and attach to your copy of the Constructive Notice and Notice of Violation.
- Check the mail for your return receipt. When it arrives, attach it to your copy of the Constructive Notice and Notice of Violation. You can use the RE# on your registered mail slip to check the status of your package at usps.com or by visiting your local post office.
- Due to the urgent timeframe, you may choose to also send a PDF copy of documents as attachments by email (don’t send Word documents, convert to PDF or use PDF scan). But, to be officially served, documents need to be mailed (registered/trackable) or hand delivered by process server.
Comments are closed